Thursday, November 14, 2013

My FREE $400 find!


For months, I've been trying to find cheap two huge tall gold lamps but I have failed every time. Everything I see costs $200 each or more. But today, while I was driving around my neighborhood, I found two huge tall lamps at a curb side and it's free! It's not gold but I figured, maybe, I can just paint it. So I took it and went to the store to look for that perfect shade of gold paint but it was out of stock. So, I asked the attendant if there's more stock at the back and whoa-la, she came back with an opened bottle of paint and she said I can have it for FREE because it was already half empty and it was intentionally left by the crafters who had a party in their store since they don't need it anymore. 

OMG, I'm so excited to share my first before and after that's FREE! After painting the lamps, there was about 1/4 of the bottle left and I went crazy painting the other decorations that was in our storage for years. I can't believe that a half empty 16 fl oz bottle can paint so much! 



Hope this inspired you that there are so many FREE treasures out there!



1 comment: